Windows 8 Minor Niggles and Solutions

Share

I installed Windows 8 upgrade today.  Went like clockwork, a very slow and uncommunicative clock, that is.  There were many times when it said “please wait” with no indication of how long.  When it finally did install, I tried to like the metro interface, but failed.  I wanted my Windows Start Button back with easy access to the control panel. I wanted my desktop back.  I was able to finally see my desktop but Windows I would not automatically go there at startup.  I found the solution for the missing Start Button and my desktop:  Start Menu 8.  Start Menu 8 lets you bypass the metro interface and go directly to your desktop.  And it gives you a start menu with quick links for frequently used programs and the usual Documents, Pictures, Music, etc.  So if you now have windows 8 and you miss the Start Menu and desktop download Start Menu 8

AN UPDATE:  While it worked well, it also disabled my left arrow button.  Now I am trying Classic Shell.  It is working very well.  I’ll let you know if there are any more updates.

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Windows 8 Minor Niggles and Solutions"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    October 28, 2012 12:49 AM

    Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to present something again and help others like you helped me. [url=http://grabinski.ch/visions/index.php?showimage=6] More Bonuses[/url] Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers? My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again. It’s actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing. [url=http://vietstarmedia.com.vn/forum/member.php?10148-Mikkalajnail] helpful hints[/url] Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. However imagine if you added some great images or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could certainly be one of the very best in its field. Good blog! I just couldn't depart your site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard information a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be back often to check up on new posts

TheHighCalling.org Christian Blog Network